Friday 10 July 2015

D.I.Y YOSHI'S WOOLLEN BANGLE

 By Jane McNichol


Hello everyone! Jane here with a little craft inspiration for July, and by inspiration I mean a look at what I’ve managed to try this month… enjoy. With the recent release of Yoshi’s Woolly World, I can bet I’m not the only one who has felt the urge to dig out the crochet needles in an attempt to create a Yoshi doll. But crochet takes a long time, and I am lazy, so my crochet aspirations are pretty unrealistic. However, sometime last month I stumbled upon a tutorial by Cintia [of mypoppet.com.au] for these lovely woollen bangle. 

With Yoshi on the brain, I couldn’t help thinking how perfect it would be for a [relatively quick] Yoshi craft!


The only change I made was using embroidery cotton in place of the yarn for details, as it was easier to thread through a needle. As for materials I already owned wool, double sided tape and embroidery cotton, so all I needed were the bangles, I picked these up from a local charity shop [4 for £2!]. So the whole project was relatively cheap! Due to the size I could only fit Yoshi’s head onto the bangle, if I’d given myself more space and time I would have liked to add clouds for detail. If you are thinking of re-creating this craft I’d suggest starting with a larger bangle to give yourself plenty of space to work with.

Overall this was a nice little project for July, took around 1 hour to complete and would make a cute gift!

[Bonus picture of my cat getting in the way of the crafts.]




No comments:

Post a Comment